Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Cool end to summer with perhaps some showers: Feb 25-

Archived topics from the General Weather Discussion board.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Re: Cool end to summer with perhaps some showers: Feb 25-

Post by hillybilly »

Max of 13C for us yesterday. Caps of a chilly week. Scored almost 8mm so not a complete fail for the week, if not exactly exciting.

Models are an awful mess the next week. Could get a rain band on Monday (EC), thundery outbreak Wednesday and Thursday (GFS) and a cold outbreak on Sunday (EC), or zilch. Zero consistency in the models and model runs atm :(

New thread time I guess.
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Cool end to summer with perhaps some showers: Feb 25-

Post by Gordon »

hillybilly wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:28 am Models are an awful mess the next week. Could get a rain band on Monday (EC), thundery outbreak Wednesday and Thursday (GFS) and a cold outbreak on Sunday (EC), or zilch. Zero consistency in the models and model runs atm :(
I'm at the stage where I've lost faith in the models, to the point I hardly bother looking more than occasionally now. Beyond a few days out, they've just been a nonsensical jumble. I could do better spinning a wheel... or at least no worse!

I expected the reduction in data from flights to affect model accuracy around the edges, but in fact it seems to have crippled them.