Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

World Cup 2010

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

World Cup 2010

Post by schitzengiggles »

1/2 Time SAF vs MEX, MEX still paying $2.4 despite having 60% of the ball during the first half.
SAF relos around the hospital bed, waiting for sanchez and gonzales to pull the cord. A great value punt is Mexico right now.

In other news, where are you watching the Socceroos monday morning? Is anyone keen for an AWF meetup/drinkup/wogballwatchup?
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Re: World Cup 2010

I cashed my $50 out after North Melbourne beating Carlton. 3/4 time, North paid $2.8. I put my residual on SAF @ $4.3, 1-0 atm looks pretty. Provided this match doesn't end in a draw I'm in front this weekend. If Essendon win by 1-39 me and the mrs are off to Grossi Florentino :D Go Dons!
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Pity about Essendon. What a night, F1 followed by World Cup, where was Kewell?
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

Kewell is injured, well.. coming back from a pretty serious injury.

I was surprised to see Australia's tactics not change at all. Dribble up a wing, bomb it into the box to a giant German. Fail!

The first 2/3s of the Grand Prix were as engaging and exciting as I think a Grand Prix can be!
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

What is Pim thinking. I woke up to that. Oh well next game now
fortius quo fidelius
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Pim was thinking that the back 4 could be accountable. Rather they stuck their hand up every time Germany went forward. Lucas Neill was the chief culprit. The quicker we appoint a dedicated coach, willing to work his bum off for Australia, the better.
We will be lucky to grab a point vs Ghana and Serbia!

In other games, the Dutch did what they had to against DEnmark. Italy and Cameroon had disappointing results.
Looking forward to watching the Kiwis play tonight.
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

The All Whites steal a point in injury time against Slovakia. A great result for NZ football..

A cracker of a goal during the Brazil/Nth Korea game.
s
schitzengiggles
Reactions:

I really enjoyed watching North Korea go about it.
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

The Aussies bow out of the World Cup at the Group Stage.
The mountain was too high to climb, requiring a German loss or putting plenty past Serbia.
Alas, neither happened, leaving our dreams of surpassing our 2006 result in tatters.

Pim Verbeek leaves us on a sour note. His gameplan against Germany was questionable at best. Have we seen the last of Kewell? We certainly have seen the last of Mark Schwartzer & Craig Moore.

Tonight sees the All Whites take on Paraguay (midnight AEDT). They have a real chance of progressing thru to the second round.

Am personally going for Argentina to win the lot. Love watching Lionel Messi play!
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

And then there were 4.
Some brilliant quarter finals played out with some rather interesting results.
Germany did a number on my favourite, Argentina, winning 4-0. The Dutch came from 1 goal down to beat Brazil 2-1. Spain held off a spirited Paraguay 1-0, whilst Uruguay somehow snuck past Ghana in penalties. Ghana had a penalty in the 119th minute after a goal stopping handball by Suarez. The penalty was missed, and Uruguay held their nerve in the shootout.

The semi-finals are

Netherlands vs Uruguay
Germany vs Spain

Heart says Netherlands vs Spain final
Head says Netherlands vs Germany final