Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Red Light Camera infringements...

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Red Light Camera infringements...

Post by daviescr »

So I got one of Vic Police's 'happy letters' through the post this morning.

Anyone have any experience of contesting traffic infringements?

3 flippin demerits and $300 into the states coffers after apparently running a red light.

Fair enough you may say, but my blood is boiling. I didn't realise this, but you can go and view the images taken by the camera in city. After viewing, I find a glaring fault with this system, even the bloke behind the counter said it should be contested.

Turning left on a filter, the traffic in front bunches up, causing muggins here to be stopped over the line. Light goes to amber. then to red. traffic still stationary, and I'm sitting across the intersection. instant decision made to move on.

First picture shows me 1.7 seconds just across the line.
Second picture shows me 1 second later around 4 metres ahead, having taken a sharp turn into the next lane to get past the stationary line of traffic.
Therefore in their mind, I have broken the red light. My mind - done the right thing and cleared the intersection???

Grrrr! rant over! ;)
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Red Light Camera infringements...

Post by Lily »

Write to them, Chris. You see this happening every day on the roads, sometimes (to echo Tony) S**t happens and you get stuck, so of course you do what you can to clear the intersection. Although they could of course argue that you could have reversed back to the line I guess.

Write to them and plead your case, if you haven't had any prior infringements, tell them that too (or, if you have, be sure to point out you've been a good boy for X amount of years). Good luck :)
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

That is so unfair. Yes Chris definitely write to them. It's worth a try.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

How did you go, Chris? Hear anything?
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Ahem, I forgot to reply :o Thanks for the reminder - I did write the letter to them, just need to print it off and send it... one of my tasks next week when I am back.
L
Lily
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Lily »

*giggles* :laughing: