Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

High Temperatures, High Humidity and Storms 26 Feb - Mar 3

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
Meso
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: High Temperatures, High Humidity and Storms 26 Feb - Mar

Post by Meso »

Surprised we've only had 4mm here, been raining for six hours. Totals across the state generally quite modest too. Maybe the AWS are just in crap spots.
b1schn1
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by b1schn1 »

Steady rain here since about lunchtime, wind has picked up signifigantly in the last 10 minutes, looks like we may have a small lull here soon which would be a relief, apparently 10,000 sandbags are arriving in Numurkah tonight. Going to be an interesting few days.
A
Alexia
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Alexia »

The first light rain started at 1230hrs and 3mm rain in the first hour now heavy rain has started.Really hope forcasts are wrong.
Onetahuti
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Onetahuti »

Duckey » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:14 pm wrote:
Duckey wrote:Hmm going up to Skyhigh tonight for dinner for my brother's 30th...not going to be much of a view tonight I fear, and it's gonna be chilly! :(

Feel sorry for you, I went up there for a breakup dinner on the last Saturday of November last year, it had rained more heavily during the day than it has today, it was COLD, FOGGY, WET or in other words plain miserable. The view tonight, am only guessing but a educated one, there will be nothing but cloud to see and that only if you take time to look. :(
Enjoy the dinner just the same.
D
Dc449
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by Dc449 »

So i take it we are at round 10 in the Footy Season... Its cold and wet!! Feel like its in the middle of winter down here.
fortius quo fidelius
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

8mm here today but geez it's been hard going getting it, might take 4 hrs to get another 2mm the way it's going. Don't know whats going to happen overnight, seems like a line running N-S along the western border, I'd imagine it's the trough/front so rain might hang around and develop a little tonight.

Rhino. :) :)
s
snowshow
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by snowshow »

Been raining since 0700 started with some lightening and has been raining solidly since with some very heavy falls in it, I am being slack, to wet to go and look at gauge levels :)
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

12mm today, going by the radar it might last only another hour. Its been raining since early this morning. Should i be expecting any more? Thanks
Go the bombersss!
S
Sean
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Sean »

Looks to be clearing central areas now. Didn't pick up a great deal, less than I thought I would.
f
fiztig
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by fiztig »

28mm here since 3pm. This first band is just about to finish making its way through. Going by the Bureau's forecast we should expect further development overnight and into the morning.
A
Ausmammal
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Ausmammal »

Whole of Vic covered by cloud.
http://realtime2.bsch.au.com/vis_sat2.h ... &stop=#nav" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
typhoon29
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by typhoon29 »

dribbly rain here on and off all day around 5mm. Should see some more overnight. Radar showing heavier showers and storms developing behind this rain on the Sa border with Vic.
Ballarat, Home of the Anti-Thunderstorm Shield!
D
Dane
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Dane »

14mm's since 8am this morning. Easing off now, top temp today was just 15.7c and this is the coldest I have recorded since 31.10.2011 also 15.7c.
Judging by the radar we may not get that much more.
fireone
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by fireone »

37.2mm at Alexandra for the day. Brings the tally up to 230.6 mm since last Monday.

Still raining steadily but lightly.

During 2006 Alexandra recorded its driest year ever (since records commenced in 1887) - that year getting 344.6 mm for the whole year! .

A very different scenario now.!.
FIREONE, Alexandra. { North Central } Vic.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

A fantastic fall of 18mm to 9am this morning, and a further 5mm since 9am today! Some good moderate to heavy rain at times for us last night and during today. And it's not over yet! You can clearly see on the latest satellite image that the low pressure system is still back to the southwest of Adelaide, and this will cause further areas of showers/rain and even isolated thunderstorms over E south Australia but particularly parts of the Southwest Victoria has it moves off the Southwest coast overnight. Going to be wet in the southwest overnight, and will provide a further 10-30mm over this region overnight and during tomorrow, until the low finally moves to the southwest of Tasmania lunchtime tomorrow. Also clearly depicted on the satellite image is the trough over Victoria linked to the low, and the trough is the cloud band stretching from Victoria all the way to the Northern Territory. This is currently responsible for the areas of rain in the east of the state this evening and will cause a further 50-150mm over the region during the next 24 hours, particularly the northeast.

So an interesting night for me down here tonight!!
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
A
Alexia
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Alexia »

We are up to 36.5mm still heavy rain falling
Supercellimpact
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Supercellimpact »

Up to 120mm for the week. We have had 9mm of dribbly on and off rain today. The grass looks like winter, nice and green and thick. Maybe a few more mm's before the trough finally clears.
typhoon29
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by typhoon29 »

6mm today, a far cry from the 15-30mm. Drizzle outside and windless. Looking at the radar they are some chunky showers nearing the Vic border with Sa.
Ballarat, Home of the Anti-Thunderstorm Shield!
R
Rhino
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Rhino »

That band to the west of Renmark is looking mighty fine at the moment, no lightning coming out of it by the looks but damn heavy rain. Would'nt expect it to get this far but after this week who knows.

Rhino. :) :)
Anthony Violi
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Anthony Violi »

You would think it wont make it out this far but stranger things have happened. Funnily enough its wrapping further west than where most models had it.
http://www.therealworldweatherforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

avweatherforecasts.com