Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Storms and rain Feb 25th-March 2nd.

Archived Weather Events since 2009.
If you have any valuable content to add to any locked thread, please PM board moderator.
s
stevco123
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Storms and rain Feb 25th-March 2nd.

Post by stevco123 »

23mm so far. Looks like I copped the brunt of it with onetahuti. Pat on the back.
https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin/53 ... 76dd68e8bc: for current weather updated every 2 minutes
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

We didn't even get that much Geoff. Get back out in the garden and do your dance :P :bunnydance:
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

33mm of rain this evening and it was bloody heavy for about half and hour. Good drop and just what the doctor ordered.

I will have a more comprehensive write up later but more on the way tomorrow and heavy falls again likely.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
93ben
Site Admin
Reactions:

Post by 93ben »

It's 20 degrees here and it feels really hot! I guess it's because the humidity is 99% here! I saw some storms earlier in the night but have nothing that I could take a photo of since it was sheet lightning. But it did pour down a lot.
Last edited by 93ben on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

0 mm so far :roll: hopefully we can get something tomorrow or wednesday !
Go the bombersss!
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

Karl Lijnders » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 pm wrote:
Karl Lijnders wrote:33mm of rain this evening and it was bloody heavy for about half and hour. Good drop and just what the doctor ordered.
Typical Karl the rain magnet! :rainfall: :rainfall: :rainfall:

Don't think we even got 1mm here. Barely enough to wet the ground.
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.
occluded
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by occluded »

1.2mm at Viewbank, versus a not too bad 6.2mm recorded here on the automatic gauge. Will confirm what the manual gauge picked up tomorrow morning.

Was out in the rain for a bit this evening during training, nothing heavy but wet enough to enjoy getting wet for a change. Some CC's and a few rumbles around for a bit.
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by daviescr »

Hey everyone, been very tardy recently on here. Cracking evening, and completely unexpected to be honest. Almost caught me off guard. Rain ramped up in just a few minutes and in the space of around 45 minutes dropped 33.8mm. Heaps of CC's and one or two CG's, one of which was just across the way from my front porch :lighting: :lighting:
Was heading out to the gym, and stopped off at Mullum Creek, just next to where the Eastlink Tunnel starts and the normally tiny brook was a torrent
Lovely, and hopefully just a prelude to tomorrow....
Attachments
IMG_2860.JPG
IMG_2860.JPG (328.63 KiB) Viewed 7373 times
w
wobbie
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by wobbie »

Nice little downpour here. Enough to soak the washing I forgot about, through and through. A few flashes and rumbles too but nothing to write home about. All the best for the rest of the week!
e
eegs
Cumulus
Reactions:
Location: Live - Westernport, Holiday - Mansfield, Work - Nth Qld, Cent Qld, Sth Qld, Sunraysia

Post by eegs »

Got under a nice narrow stream finally and have had over four hours of steady light to moderate rain with a few heavy periods as well. Luv it! Maybe some more overnight as well and then very pumped for the rest of the week.

Up north looks pretty crazy on both sides of the country. I think the outcome will be right at the top end of the predictions for most of the state. Awesome set up.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

So some significant rain and thunderstorms have developed over Northern VIC this morning and is moving southeast over the Melbourne areas and between Cape Otway and Wilsons Prom. Should be a fairly wet morning for much of Central VIC.

Local thunderstorms are still likely this morning in the band, though mainly non severe. Locally heavy falls are possible and up to 30mm/hr from the storms are possible.

This afternoon scattered showers and locally severe thunderstorms are likely to form on and east of the trough that will be laying in C VIC in the wake of the rainband that is there at this time. Large hail and destructive winds are possible with thunderstorms this afternoon with token heavy rainfall a shoo in with this high humidity.

Thundery rain to follow tonight and the focus of that will shift slowly east through Wednesday.
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
typhoon29
Cumulonumbus Calvas
Reactions:

Post by typhoon29 »

well it dribbled rain here all night, still spitting. Amazing contrast in rain fall. The Ballarat airport had 44.5mm, here we had 18mm. So within 10km or so 26.5mm difference! Today I doubt we will get much rain here as it looks like a clearance to the east, I hope I am wrong but a fine day is on the way for here alas.
Ballarat, Home of the Anti-Thunderstorm Shield!
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

my Local Scoresby says 21.4.
WS here is sitting on 2.5mm and maybe manual had 3mm.

HB. old man says you want to try living in Horsham.
I
I_Love_Storms
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by I_Love_Storms »

Where's the road weather warning? I'm sure we just had 20mm in 20 mins in glen Waverley. Absolutely torrential!!!
N
Nick Sykes
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Nick Sykes »

Some very good rain out there this morning, was woken by a torrential shower at about 6.20am in Malvern East. Looks like there will be some good falls through the metro area today, looks to be converging right on top of us with the trough digging in.

Nick
Onetahuti
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Onetahuti »

stevco123 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 pm wrote:
stevco123 wrote:23mm so far. Looks like I copped the brunt of it with onetahuti. Pat on the back.
Matched your 23mm when I emptied the gauge this morning, not surprised seeing our proximity but good to have confirmation.
More to come, will need the umbrella for the first time in ages as I head off to my vol job later.
G
Geoff
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Geoff »

My naked dancing on the front lawn has worked a treat, the stormshield has broken!!! Pouring down here now with a few rumbles thrown in and very misty. Rainband is narrowing as it comes so should clear away this morning, and then we await the storms in the clear air behind, going to take the camera to work today, may come in useful later. :D
AWF Rainfall Details - Monthly rainfall stats. Please post your totals here at the end of each month, thank you
http://www.theaustralianweatherforum.co ... &start=180
t
tre75
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by tre75 »

Ah love that sound, flat roof rain. Looks like this system will ease in the morning, and once the sun gets out expect the humidity to get insane very quickly, after that it won't take much for quick redevelopment, should be a good day :)
n
nafets
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by nafets »

Rain is significantly picking up here and some good falls overnight ! In for a very wet day..
Go the bombersss!
S
Skywalker
Supercell
Reactions:
Location: Burnside Heights/Cowes (Home) & Sunshine West (Work)

Post by Skywalker »

FINALLY!!!!! Woooohooooooo!! :rainfall: :rainfall: :rainfall: :brightbanana: :brightbanana:

First proper rain since December last year. Water flowing nicely into my empty tank & my new trees are getting a desperately needed drink of proper rain water. Love it! :D
Caroline Springs, Melbourne's meteorological boredom zone.