Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Losing Sense

All old Social Soapbox threads can be found here.
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

Losing Sense

Post by blackmamba »

:P I'm quite proud of what I've called this topic.

Alright. Sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing.
(Hypothetically) you have to lose one for a year, which one can you go without and why?

Personally, I think taste has my vote.
While (obviously) I enjoy tasting tasty food, if anything, to me it seems the most 'luxurious' and least 'useful' (while it has it's merits) sense of the five.
daviescr
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Losing Sense

Post by daviescr »

Like the topic!
I think for me it would have to be hearing. I lost the sense of touch in the tip of my left thumb late last year when I crushed it in a car door. for about 4-5 months there was just tingling, and combined with losing the nail as well, i was amazed how important that tiny part of our senses was to me - my job involves lots of fine motor skill with small components, so i was effectively one-handed for a long time!
As for smell, i think that's tied with taste physically, so both are important as I enjoy my food so much...
Sight - equally important to everything I do - driving, my work, looking at the skies...

So yes, hearing it is. Although (as anyone who's married will attest) I have developed selective hearing anyway in recent years ;)
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

So yes, hearing it is. Although (as anyone who's married will attest) I have developed selective hearing anyway in recent years
You're not wrong there Chris, that's something us women have to put it up with lol

Great topic blackmania :) I think taste for me too, then maybe I'd lose some weight :P
b
blackmamba
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by blackmamba »

Thanks Rivergirl.
But it's blackmamba. ;) :P

I should probably get a username change anyhow.
Can we do that here...