Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Welcome to our Weatherzone friends

Have a chat, coffee and let's laugh about what is going on in your world. You can also find 'Photography Central', 'AWF Member Photos' & 'Weather Sites/Links Australia'.

Would you prefer states/territories to be separate threads or combined (like they are now)?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Separated
86%
Combined
14%

Total votes: 28

H
Horts
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:
Location: Safety Beach (Home) / Mount Waverley (Work) / Cowes (Beach House)

Re: Welcome to our Weatherzone friends

Post by Horts »

Welcome WZ'ers!

I made the jump a couple of years ago, I don't understand the anti-AWF rhetoric on WZ, I've had quite the opposite experience.

Love it here, hope you all enjoy it too!
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Joining Horts in welcoming some more folks, including marakai :) I hope you enjoy your time here! :P
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

This is like a party.
Full house..
have to keep my eyes on other threads between our no existanat weather.
s
squid
New User
Reactions:

Post by squid »

hello I am also from weatherzone
B
BigBen
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by BigBen »

Finally I might get to lurk on a few more threads. Came over here a long time ago now, I'm not that knowledgeable so I generally just read.

I don't get the negativity from the WZ forum, I wonder if it's people with an axe to grind or just trying to push their preferred site?

Regardless hopefully this place takes off, be good to see some non Vic content - even though I live in Melbourne.
mick
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by mick »

I been here since day one. Most of us were refugees from the Weatherzone forum as that site got a bit, well, ummm so far up itself only its feet were poking out. In fact this site was started by a kid, who loved the weather, and is now a professional weather forecaster. Well done Karl.

The difference here was is and always will be, that is is a site to have fun, Not try and prove you are smarter than anyone else.

The highlight of this site to this day, and it is a sad thing..............it was the go to place for info on Black Saturday. Thats why some of us still have the yellow ribbon as out Avatar.

Have fun all you new people. Its just like voting.....

POST EARLY POST OFTEN.
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Yes I was following Karl on Weatherzone during Black Saturday. I thought he was fantastic in his updates. After Black Saturday Karl was given a holiday by Weatherzone for some reason or other. I really missed Karl's insights after that so I wrote to him and said I could build him his own forum. He was reluctant at first but then we sat down and built The Australian Weather Forum together.

So proud of what Karl has achieved since that day back in 2009.

Welcome to all the people that have come over from Weatherzone. We are not nearly as big but we have an awesome little community here. Jake Smethurst is the owner these days and does a great job.
T
Tropicnikko83
New User
Reactions:

Post by Tropicnikko83 »

Hi I'm from weather zone too
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

Welcome, Tropic! Glad to have you on-board! :)
S
SsswanssS
New User
Reactions:

Post by SsswanssS »

Hi all finally made it here from WZ
28degrees
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by 28degrees »

Still no weather to report for Chillagoe.
Mostly high 30s, occasional low 40s, today is around 36. Not too bad. Cloudy.

I'm starting to wonder if we will get much of a wet season at all. It lasted just on 2 months last season, with a small few individual falls after that. It was a reasonable total, but a short period of time.

It doesn't look like rain, it doesn't feel like rain. Hope something happens soon.

Notice quite a few of us Far Northerners here. Has anyone heard from Simmo from Mareeba? Who else is missing?

I really feel for our southern cousins. I think these fires will be the greatest national disaster Australia has experienced.

And now with the smoke & dust settling on the snow in New Zealand, it becomes international. Aside from discolouration, it is apparently leading to a faster melting rate.
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Jake Smethurst »

SsswanssS wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:04 pm Hi all finally made it here from WZ
Welcome SsswanssS :) Don't forget to add your location etc in your user settings :D
H
Hickory
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Hickory »

28degrees wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:12 pm And now with the smoke & dust settling on the snow in New Zealand, it becomes international. Aside from discolouration, it is apparently leading to a faster melting rate.
I don't think anyone will be too upset,- seeing as it's the middle of summer, and no ski lifts turning.

I do remember, about 30 years ago, the kiwi sheila's were delighted after a dust storm in outback Aus got
caught in the jetstreams and resulted in pinkish snow. 8-) I'm sure the blokes wouldn't have cared less. ;)