Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

VIC: Cool with more southwesterlies - November 12-17 2019

Event discussion and analysis for Victoria and Tasmania, including day to day weather.
Forum rules
When posting photos, particularly in active breaking weather threads, please link to clickable photos to minimise download issues. For more information, see Posting Photo Guidelines for more information. Threads that are six weeks old or older will be Archived Here
G
Gordon
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: VIC: Cool with more southwesterlies - November 12-17 2019

Post by Gordon »

hillybilly wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:44 pm That heat up north is relentless and extreme. 47.1C in northwest WA today which is just 0.2C short of an early season record. Perth headed for four days above 35C. It’s wierd (but nice) that we are in a little green and cool bubble atm, in a continent headed for one of its hottest driest years on record :?
Yes I wouldn't wish the conditions to our north on anyone. I struggle to remember a sustained period with such a difference between southern Vic /ranges (including Snowys) and just about everywhere else, though I guess it's happened before.
T
Tassiedave
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Tassiedave »

Latest ACCESS-G brings the heat way down south on Thursday.
b
boxingkoala
New User
Reactions:

Post by boxingkoala »

I note a 22deg in the current forecast for next thursday. I really hope we get a bit more consistent warmth as November has been the opposite to October for me (Near Cygnet Tas). 18.5 max avg for Oct, 16.5 so far for November. The summer vegetables really need a bit more warmth and less wind.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

13C here today with an arvo shower. Not a lot in it, just 1.2mm of rain. Saturday and Sunday look similar. Then summer starts. Hopefully, we don’t flip into the kind of weather NSW is having :o Looks like about 33C on Wednesday which is about 38C sea level equivalent :?
Australis(Shell3155)
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Australis(Shell3155) »

Birds are singing under clouds,
And that was a nice small shower.
Few more would be nice.
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

A cold foggy drizzly morning up here. 0.4mm in the gauge. Shame we can’t take today’s weather and shift it til Thursday morning when a damp morning will be welcome after what could well be close to a record hot night :o
hillybilly
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by hillybilly »

Chilly max of 12C here with nearly 2mm of drizzly showers. Nice arvo, with warm sun and a cool breeze.

Last cool one for a long while.