Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Canberra/ACT: Day to Day Weather Talk

Event discussion and analysis for New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory, including day to day weather.
Forum rules
When posting photos, particularly in active breaking weather threads, please link to clickable photos to minimise download issues. For more information, see Posting Photo Guidelines for more information. Threads that are six weeks old or older will be Archived Here
J
Jake Smethurst
Supercell
Reactions:

Re: Canberra/ACT: Day to Day Weather Talk

Post by Jake Smethurst »

How did you go, Nick?

Smoky conditions today I'm hearing?
Jake - Senior AWF Forecaster
Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
N
Nick Sykes
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Nick Sykes »

Hi All

Here in Wanniassa, Southern Canberra, I recorded 16mm overnight, taking the May total to 102mm, another well above average month, May usually is the driest month of the year here, Tuggeranong just down the road averages 26.6mm in May. Another 20mm or so expected on Monday. Backyard is waterlogged again.

Nick
Blackee
Site Admin/Moderator
Reactions:

Post by Blackee »

Nick Sykes wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 pm Hi All

Here in Wanniassa, Southern Canberra, I recorded 16mm overnight, taking the May total to 102mm, another well above average month, May usually is the driest month of the year here, Tuggeranong just down the road averages 26.6mm in May. Another 20mm or so expected on Monday. Backyard is waterlogged again.

Nick
That's a decent May total Nick. Must be freezing up there tonight. Are you close to potential low level snow locations?
Mansfield 370m and Elwood
N
Nick Sykes
Cumulonimbus
Reactions:

Post by Nick Sykes »

Hi Blackee

I haven't had a chance to go read the Nylex 1000 yet, but rained most of the day, the Tuggeranong gauge is on 16.6mm so will be around that, a bit more to come tonight. Max of only 6.5C today, luckily the forecast wind hasn't eventuated. Looks windier tomorrow and EC has the 850 temps down around -3.5C on Wednesday, but as it is often the case looks dry when coldest air comes through so not likely to see snow here.

Nick