Welcome New Members! We want to hear from you. Register, stop lurking and start posting!

Archived Nerdy Forum (Weather Q&A).
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

Can we please have a default selection to choose from, the list in the last forum site was very good, can it be replicated??

Also we need to remind all to add their home location to thier personal settings now that we have migrated to this new platform, no location takes all the shine off any breaking weather post.
admin
Site Admin
Reactions:

Re: Avatars

Post by admin »

I'll see what I can do when I get some time. This forum has a lot of new features that the old one didn't have but there are also features that were great on the old one that we don't have here. I spent so much time last week trying to find out how I could replicate the amount of registered users in the last 24 hours like our last site had but to no avail. I'll keep trying. I also want to add more smilies like the other site had and also the birthdays coming up and not just having it appear on the actual birthday. It all takes time but I'll get there. I think we've done pretty well as originally I wasn't thinking we'd have this forum up till January as this period is so busy for everyone leading up till Christmas.
Follow us on Twitter @ AusWeatherForum
Petros
Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Petros »

OK, thanks for the effort.
Karl Lijnders
Tornadic Supercell
Reactions:

Post by Karl Lijnders »

Between now and mid January Petros we hope to have things sorted out somewhat more.. :)
Former Owner - The Australian Weather Forum. Email me anytime - weatherman1000@hotmail.com
Rivergirl
Memorial
Reactions:

Post by Rivergirl »

Hi Petros,

Today I changed the avatar rules so that you can upload an avatar from your own web site or other web sites. We'll see how that goes for the time being until I get things sorted out

(Admin) :)
Mosaic
Cumulus
Reactions:

Post by Mosaic »

An easy way to resize ones personal Avatar to forum requirements, is by using the freely downloadable Picasa (Google) photo organizing/editing program.

It is available: http://picasa.google.com.au/

You simply load the image you are interested in, then export(there is an export Icon) it to a folder on your PC.
You have the choice of resizing the image, you should select 120 pixels.

You can then upload the resized image to the forum server.

Hope this is useful.